Monday, January 07, 2008

Welcome! (Again)

Wow. Hard to believe it's been nearly a year and a half since I last posted to Photowonk! Wha happen? Sadly, there's no great cataclysm or thrilling news to explain my absence – more a lack of time and motivation. And while there's still not much time, there seems to be the motivation, so I figured I would strike while the iron is hot. Several things have me thinking more about photography these days:

1. I purchased a Canon EOS 30D some months back, and have been enjoying it immensely, even though when I bought it, it was already "obsolete" by some folks' standards. Still, it's a terrific camera, and has got me back in the habit of just taking photos whenever, wherever.

2. I will be attending the PMA convention this year, the first time I've been since 2002, and plan to write about some of my experiences there, including first impressions of expected Nikon, Canon and Pentax D-SLR offerings.

3. I just learned of the passing of Herbert Keppler, whose various writings I've been following ever since I picked up my first copy of Popular Photography back in who-knows-when. Anyone who reads or writes a camera review, photo tutorial, or really anything related to the photographic industry owes a debt of gratitude to this man. He and his safari hat will be sorely missed.

So join me again, won't you? It promises to be an exciting few weeks here at Photowonk as we get our blog legs back in preparation for PMA and all the exciting new toys.

No comments: